EDPMA’s Board of Directors and Committee leaders thoughtfully crafted our 2023 strategic plan to guide our priorities and efforts. Rooted on four strategic pillars, EDPMA’s strategic plan hyper focuses on the issues that matter to our members and that serve the business of emergency medicine.
EDPMA amplifies your voice to influence legislative and regulatory decision makers to actively support the delivery of high-quality, cost-effective care in the emergency department.
Strengthen the practice of emergency medicine through a frequent, reliable presence with Congressional leaders and regulatory agencies.
EDPMA strengthens emergency medicine practices by preserving patient access to care.
- Grassroots advocacy.
- Communication strategies with data-infused and digestible asks.
- Host members-only webinars on just-released information.
- Develop and execute timely and relevant member communications around breaking information.
Determine, articulate and empower a data strategy to support our advocacy efforts.
- Develop and execute “Quick Hit” and “Deep Dive” data collection efforts.
- Communicate data findings through storytelling, infographics and digestible content.
Provide frequent, reliable presence in priority states.
- Identify priority states.
- Draft model legislation as needed.
Connect and build coalitions within emergency medicine and other stakeholders.
- Through coalition building, further and amplify our advocacy priorities within emergency medicine.
- Explore statewide coalition building and /or integrate into existing coalitions in at least one state.
Serve as the premier solutions-focused organization to address and resolve non-compliance and issues of the No Surprises Act.
- Activate the No Surprises Act Implementation Tactics (I-Tact) Task Force to collect, evaluate and assess problems related to implementation of the No Surprises Act.
EDPMA transforms complex content into just-in-time information to deliver on-point and actionable education.
Deliver in person and virtual educational experiences to meet member needs.
- Deliver current, timley, actionable and digestible educational content and networking experiences at Solutions Summit 2023.
- Pilot a Virtual Lunch and Learn education program.
Expand educational offerings.
- Each Committee deliver at least one program or product, and deliver educational programming at Solutions Summit 2023.
- Create and deliver a No Surprises Act Educational Series.
Expand the faculty bench.
EDPMA connects the business of emergency medicine through meaningful member experiences and by strengthening our value to the specialty.
Increase member engagement.
Develop diverse future leaders.
- Launch the EMerging Leaders Academy.
Increase Committee membership.
Increase social media engagement.
Strengthen the EDPMA community.
- Launch the EMpowered online community.
Communicate to build community.
Increase EDPMA awareness to stakeholders.