EDPMA’s advocacy efforts keep our issues front-and-center with Congress, CMS, CCIIO and other agencies. Click on the links to see our advocacy in action. Please note: access to the full letters require a member login.
- EDPMA Recommendations To Fix The NSA
On September 15, 2023, EDPMA shared five concerns and solutions to the Tri-Department Secretaries to fix the No Surprises Act. The letter can be found here.
- EDPMA Comment Letter on the CY 2024 OPPS Proposed Rule
On September 11, 2023, EDPMA shared a comment letter regarding the CY24 OPPS Proposed Rule with CMS. The comment letter can be found here.
- EDPMA Comment Letter on the CY 2024 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed Rule
On September 11, 2023, EDPMA shared a comment letter regarding the CY24 Physician Fee Schedule Proposed with CMS. The comment letter can be found here.
- EDPMA Concerned About IDR Portal Freeze after TMA II Ruling
On August 11, 2023, EDPMA strongly urges CMS to immediately issue updated instructions for the provider/payer IDR process and reopen the IDR process as quickly as possible. The letter can be found here.
- CMS Response to EDPMA Letter Re: IDR Admin Fee
On July 11, 2023, The Department of Health and Human Services responded to EDPMA’s letter regarding the 2023 administrative fee increase. They noted that they are committed to establishing a fair, cost-effective, and reasonable IDR payment determination process that is accessible to disputing parties. The letter can be found here.
- EDPMA-ACEP HELP Roundtable on NSA Follow-Up
In response to the Senate HELP Committee’s interest in the implementation issues of the No Surprises Act, EDPMA and ACEP summarized our recommendations to continue to keep patients out of the middle of billing disputes and to ensure the NSA is effective, fair and efficient. See our recommendations and letter here.
- EDPMA Comment Letter on Medi-Cal Reimbursement
On Wednesday, June 14, 2023, EDPMA issued a letter on behalf of their California members urging the Assembly to include emergency medicine in the Medi-Cal reimbursement rates. The letter can be found here.
- EDPMA Comment Letter on Advancing Interoperability and Improving Prior Authorization Proposed Rule
On Friday, March 10, 2023, EDPMA provided feedback on CMS’ Advancing Interoperability and Improving Prior Authorization proposed rule. The letter can be found here.
- Washington State Coalition Letter on Delaying Switch to Federal IDR Process
On Wednesday, February 15, 2023, EDPMA joined coalition members in Washington State urging the state’s OIC to delay switching to the federal IDR process until at least July 1, 2024. The letter can be found here.
- EDPMA-ACEP Comment Letter on the 2023 IDR Administrative Fees
On Monday, February 13, 2023, EDPMA and ACEP sent a letter to the Tri-Departments strongly opposing the 600% increase in IDR administrative fees and urged them to reinstate the originally announced $50 fee. The letter can be found here.
- EDPMA Joins Coalition Urging CMS to Extend Telehealth Codes Through CY 2024
On Thursday, January 26, 2022, a coalition of over 45 organizations sent a letter to CMS urging the extension of telehealth codes through CY 2024 to align with Congress’ intent under the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2023, which extends telehealth flexibilities through CY 2024. The letter can be found here.
- EDPMA Joins Coalition Urging Medicare Payment Reform
On Monday, January 23, EDPMA joined a coalition of over 100 organizations urging Congress to reform the Medicare payment system. The letter can be found here.
- EDPMA-ACEP Follow-up on NSA Implementation
On Thursday, January 19, 2023, EDPMA and ACEP sent a letter to the Tri-Agencies thanking them for the early January conversation and providing additional input and more detailed recommendations. The letter can be found here.
For earlier EDPMA letters, please click here. (must be logged in to access)